Monday 8 February 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Oh Mein Papa by Eddie Calvert was in the top 5 hits.
The Glenn Miller Story, directed by Anthony Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1954 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- "Sensational" Sherri Martel [Russell] in New Orleans: Louisiana, USA; wrestler (WWF/AWA).
- Michael Dubin: American lucky winner of $25,641,100 in Mass Millions lottery on 6/25/1994 with a quick-pick ticket that he and his twin brother Lee had bought three days before and will share.
- Martin Vial: French official, who has served as CEO of the Europ Assistance Group since October 2003.
- Mabel Paige: Actress (Lucky Jordan), dies at 73.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?