Tuesday 8 February 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart and Nancy Oliver.
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious, directed by John Ireland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stage 7.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1955 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart: Wrestler (WWF / WCW / NJPW / CWFI / Calgary).
- Nancy Oliver: American playwright and television writer.
- John Grisham: American writer, an overnight success in 1995 with his second novel, "The Firm.
- Will Roscoe: American writer, educator and gay activist.
- Jim Neidhart: American wrestler.
- Malenkov resigns as USSR premier, Bulganin replaces him.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?