Tuesday 8 February 1955
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Softly Softly by Ruby Murray was in the top 5 hits.
The Fast and the Furious, directed by John Ireland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while The View From Pompey'S Head by Hamilton Basso was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1955!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1955 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Will Roscoe: American writer, educator and gay activist.
- Jim "the Anvil" Neidhart: Wrestler (WWF / WCW / NJPW / CWFI / Calgary).
- Nancy Oliver: American playwright and television writer.
- John Grisham: American writer, an overnight success in 1995 with his second novel, "The Firm.
- Jim Neidhart: American wrestler.
- Malenkov resigns as USSR premier, Bulganin replaces him.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?