Wednesday 8 February 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Will You Love Me Tomorrow? by The Shirelles.
In UK Are You Lonesome Tonight? by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Black Sunday, directed by Mario Bava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1961!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1961 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Vince Neil [Wharton] in California: USA; rock vocalist (M�tley Crne - "Girls Girls Girls").
- Sammy Llanas: rocker (Bodeans).
- Vince Neil: Metal Singer.
- Bruce Timm: TV Producer (DC Animated Universe).
- William Duncan: Scottish businessman, a company executive for Imperial Chemical Industry, I.C.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bert Kaempfert and His Orchestra - Wonderland By Night
- Lawrence Welk - Calcutta
- The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow?
- Ferrante and Teicher - Exodus
- The Miracles - Shop Around
- The Capris - There's A Moon Out Tonight
- Neil Sedaka - Calendar Girl
- Rosie - Angel Baby
- Bobby Vee - Rubber Ball
- Brenda Lee - Emotions
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 February 1961 and get them!