Thursday 8 February 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Malorie Blackman and Daniel Levy.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Peppermint Twist - Part 1 by Joey Dee & the Starliters.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Room for One More.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1962 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Malorie Blackman: Young Adult Author.
- Daniel Levy: English businessman.
- Dennis Padilla: Filipino actor.
- KACB TV channel 3 in San Angelo, TX (NBC) begins broadcasting
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Charonne massacre. Nine trade unionists are killed by French police at the instigation of Nazi collaborator Maurice Papon, then chief of the Paris Prefecture of Police.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?