Monday 8 February 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK I'll Never Find Another You by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Greatest Story Ever Told, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1965 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- T Aniel: American athlete.
- Mathilda May: French actress, daughter of the playwright Victor Haim (greek-turkish) and of the Swedish ballet teacher Margareta Hanson.
- Dicky Cheung: Hong Kong actor and singer (Big Four).
- Lee Knight: Canadian Football League full back (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Miguel Pardeza: Spanish footballer.
- Jim Thornton: NFL tight end (Houston Oilers).
- Carmen Savy in Brisbane: Queensland, Australia; golfer (1990 Brisbane and District).
- Terry McDaniel NFL cornerback (Oakland Raiders: Los Angeles Raiders).
- Rod Bernstine: NFL running back (Denver Broncos).
- Eastern DC-7B crashes into Atlantic Ocean off Jones Beach, New Jersey, USA; 84 dead.
- Supremes release "Stop In the Name of Love".
- After taking evasive maneuvers to avoid a mid-air collision immediately after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Eastern Air Lines Flight 663 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean and explodes, killing everyone aboard.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- Sam Cooke - Shake
- Peter and Gordon - I Go To Pieces
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 February 1965 and get them!