Monday 8 February 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by The Righteous Brothers.
In UK I'll Never Find Another You by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Greatest Story Ever Told, directed by George Stevens, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Rector Of Justin by Louis Auchincloss was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1965!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1965 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Lee Knight: Canadian Football League full back (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Jim Thornton: NFL tight end (Houston Oilers).
- Carmen Savy in Brisbane: Queensland, Australia; golfer (1990 Brisbane and District).
- Terry McDaniel NFL cornerback (Oakland Raiders: Los Angeles Raiders).
- Rod Bernstine: NFL running back (Denver Broncos).
- T Aniel: American athlete
- Mathilda May: French actress, daughter of the playwright Victor Haim (greek-turkish) and of the Swedish ballet teacher Margareta Hanson. Mathilda obtained the First Prize of the Paris Dance Conservatory before the beginning of her career with Yves Montand ("3 Places pour le 26"). She played successfully on stage with Pascal Légitimus.
- Dicky Cheung: Hong Kong actor and singer (Big Four)
- Miguel Pardeza: Spanish footballer
- Eastern DC-7B crashes into Atlantic Ocean off Jones Beach, New Jersey, USA; 84 dead.
- Supremes release "Stop In the Name of Love".
- After taking evasive maneuvers to avoid a mid-air collision immediately after takeoff from John F. Kennedy International Airport in New York, Eastern Air Lines Flight 663 crashes into the Atlantic Ocean and explodes, killing everyone aboard.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- Sam Cooke - Shake
- The Kingsmen - The Jolly Green Giant
- Peter and Gordon - I Go To Pieces
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?