Thursday 8 February 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu) by Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra.
In UK The Mighty Quinn by Manfred Mann was in the top 5 hits.
Planet of the Apes, directed by Franklin J. Schaffner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1968!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1968 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Nasos Thanopoulos: Greek businessman.
- Claudette Pace: Maltese singer.
- Joy Fawcett in Inglewood: California, USA; soccer defender (Olympics-1996).
- Gary Coleman: American actor (d. 2010).
- Ron Goetz: CFL linebacker (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Patrick Vuarnet: French noted family, the son of Jean and Edith Vuarnet, all members of the Solar Temple Order. They were the picture of a successful family.
- J Borremans: Belgian politician (Communist), dies at age 56.
- Officers kill three students demonstrating in South Carolina State (Orangeburg).
- American civil rights movement: The Orangeburg massacre: An attack on black students from South Carolina State University who are protesting racial segregation at the town's only bowling alley, leaves three or four dead in Orangeburg, South Carolina.
- Border clashes take place between Israel and Jordan.
- Madison Square Garden in New York City opens.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul Mauriat and His Orchestra - Love Is Blue (L'Amour Est Bleu)
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- Classics IV - Spooky
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Goin' Out Of My Head/Can't Take My Eyes Off You (Medley) - The Lettermen
- The Human Beinz - Nobody But Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 February 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?