Monday 8 February 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Heidi Mark and Andre Haddad.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK My Sweet Lord by George Harrison was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dave Allen at Large.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1971!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1971 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Heidi Mark: Columbus, Ohio -- Playmate (Jul, 1995).
- Andre Haddad: Lebanese footballer and referee.
- Mika Karppinen: Swedish-Finnish drummer (HIM and To Separate the Flesh from the Bones).
- Andrus Veerpalu: Estonian cross-country skier.
- Aidy Boothroyd: English footballer and manager.
- South Vietnamese ground troops launch an incursion into Laos to try and cut off the Ho Chi Minh trail and stop communist infiltration.
- The NASDAQ stock market index opens for the first time.
- Pedro Morales beats Ivan Koloff in New York, to become WWF wrestling champion.
- A new stock market index called the Nasdaq debuts.
- The Sylmar earthquake (6.4 on the Richter Scale) hits the San Fernando Valley area of California.
- Satchel Paige becomes the first Negro League player to become voted into the Baseball Hall of Fame from the Negro League. Jackie Robinson was inducted July 23, 1962.
- Apollo program: ''Apollo 14'' returns to Earth after the third manned Moon landing.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?