Thursday 8 February 1979
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tara Tucker and Lionel Cappone.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart.
In UK Heart Of Glass by Blondie was in the top 5 hits.
Hardcore, directed by Paul Schrader, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Chesapeake by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching You Can't Do That on Television.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventure or Beam Invader.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1979!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1979 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Tara Tucker: Miss Alabama Teen-USA (1997).
- Lionel Cappone: French football/soccer player, a goalkeeper playing at senior level since 1995.
- Aaron Cook: American baseball player.
- Josh Keaton: American actor and singer.
- Nikolay Semyonovich Tikhonov: Russian poet, dies at age 82.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Denis Sassou-Nguesso becomes the President of the Republic of the Congo for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?