Tuesday 8 February 1983
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jermaine Anderson and Cory Jane.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK Too Shy by Kajagoogoo was in the top 5 hits.
Der fremde Vogel, directed by Urban Gad, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kiklop.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Germany 1985 or Infidel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1983!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1983 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Jermaine Anderson: Canadian basketball player.
- Cory Jane: New Zealand rugby player.
- Elina Partõka: Estonian swimmer.
- Olga Syahputra: Indonesian actor and singer (d. 2015).
- Jim Verraros: American singer and actor.
- Wayne Gretzky sets NHL all star record of four goals in one period.
- 35th NHL All-Star Game: Campbell beats Wales 9-3 at New York Islanders.
- Baseball orders Mickey Mantle to sever ties with Claridge Casino.
- Eric Peters sets transatlantic sailboat record (East to West): 46 days.
- Champion thoroughbred Shergar kidnapped in Ireland; never found; Lloyds of London pays US$10.6 million insurance.
- The Melbourne dust storm hits Australia's second largest city. The result of the worst drought on record and a day of severe weather conditions, a 320 metres (1,050 ft) deep dust cloud envelops the city, turning day to night.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?