Monday 8 February 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Could've Been by Tiffany.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Stand and Deliver, directed by Ramon Menendez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1988!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1988 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Kat O'Keeffe: YouTube Star.
- Generous : Irish racehorse (d. 2013).
- Rucha Hasabnis: Indian television actress.
- Keegan Meth: Zimbabwean cricketer.
- Ryan Pinkston: American actor.
- Nozomi Sasaki: Japanese model
- Allan Cuthbertson: Actor (Running Man, 7th Dawn), dies at 67.
- NASA launches DOD-2.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tiffany - Could've Been
- INXS - Need You Tonight
- Expose - Seasons Change
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Bangles - Hazy Shade Of Winter
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Roger - I Want To Be Your Man
- Eric Carmen - Hungry Eyes
- Foreigner - Say You Will
- Paul Carrack - Don't Shed A Tear
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 February 1988 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?