Wednesday 8 February 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dani Harmer and Chai Romruen.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Straight Up by Paula Abdul.
In UK Something's Gotten Hold Of My Heart by Marc Almond featuring Gene Pitney was in the top 5 hits.
Sex, Lies, and Videotape, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Midnight by Dean R. Koontz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ABC Monday Night Football or ElectroCop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1989!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1989 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Dani Harmer: English actress.
- Chai Romruen: TV Actor.
- Zac Guildford: New Zealand rugby player.
- JaJuan Johnson: American basketball player.
- Courtney Vandersloot: American basketball player.
- Maurits Kok: Dutch writer / Poet (Railroad Strike), dies at 81.
- 5 cm of snow falls in outskirts of Los Angeles
- Jockey Chris Antley begins record of 64 consecutive winning days
- US Boeing 707 crashes into Santa Maria mountain, 145 die.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Sheriff - When I'm With You
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Bon Jovi - Born To Be My Baby
- White Lion - When The Children Cry
- Tiffany - All This Time
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Samantha Fox - I Wanna Have Some Fun
- Rick Astley - She Wants To Dance With Me
- Information Society - Walking Away
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?