Thursday 8 February 1990
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bethany Hamilton and Klay Thompson.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul.
In UK Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor was in the top 5 hits.
Hard to Kill, directed by Bruce Malmuth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Devices And Desires by P. D. James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Crystal Maze.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Astro Fang: Super Machine or Barker Bill's Trick Shooting.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1990!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1990 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Bethany Hamilton: American professional surfer who survived a 2003 shark attack in which her left arm was bitten off.
- Klay Thompson: Basketball Player.
- Christian Madsen: Movie Actor.
- Trần Dung: Vietnamese model Miss Vietnam 2008.
- Jonathan Page: English footballer.
- Daniel Vidot: Australian rugby league footballer
- Del Shannon: American singer, one of the early rockers who wrote his own material.
- 60 Minutes commentator Andy Rooney suspended by CBS for racial remarks attributed to him by a gay magazine
- David Hares Racing Demon, premieres in London
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Opposites Attract
- Seduction - Two To Make It Right
- Rod Stewart - Downtown Train
- Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun
- Michael Bolton - How Am I Supposed To Live Without You
- Chicago - What Kind Of Man Would I Be?
- Roxette - Dangerous
- Skid Row - I Remember You
- Janet Jackson - Escapade
- Milli Vanilli - All Or Nothing
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?