Monday 8 February 1993
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Steiger and Samuel Krost.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston.
In UK No Limit by 2 Unlimited was in the top 5 hits.
Groundhog Day, directed by Harold Ramis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1993
while The Bridges Of Madison County by Robert James Waller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kirdaar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Eagle Eye Mysteries or Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1993.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1993!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1993 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Michael Steiger: American noted family, the son of Oscar winning actor Rod Steiger and his 33 year-old wife, Paula.
- Samuel Krost: Instagram Star.
- Casper van den Berg: Dutch Poet (Fashionable inconvenience).
- Douglas Heyes: Director / writer (Kitten with a Whip), dies at 73.
- Eliot Janeway: Financial columnist (Eliot Doomsday), dies at 80.
- Franz Schnyder: Swiss director (10th of May), dies at 82.
- N Shanmugathasan: Sri Lankan communist leader (Born 1920).
- Paul Brickhill: Dutch/US WWII pilot/physician, dies.
- GM sues NBC, alleging that Dateline NBC program had rigged 2 car-truck crashes to show that 1973-87 GM pickups were prone to fires
- Suchoi-24 crashes into Tupolev passenger flight, 134 die.
- General Motors sues NBC after Dateline NBC allegedly rigs two crashes intended to demonstrate that some GM pickups can easily catch fire if hit in certain places. NBC settles the lawsuit the next day.
- Lien Chan is named by Lee Teng-Hui to succeed Hau Pei-tsun as Premier of the Republic of China.
- Mani Pulite scandal: Italian legislator Claudio Martelli resigns, followed by various politicians over the next 2 weeks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1993 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You
- Peabo Bryson & Regina Bell - A Whole New World
- Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love
- Shanice - Saving Forever For You
- Duran Duran - Ordinary World
- Boyz II Men - In The Still Of The Nite (I'll Remember)
- Arrested Development - Mr. Wendal
- Prince - 7
- Wreckx-N-Effect - Rump Shaker
- Whitney Houston - I'm Every Woman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?