Saturday 8 February 1997
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kathryn Newton and Venus Palermo.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Un-Break My Heart by Toni Braxton.
In UK Professional Widow (It's Got To Be Big) by Tori Amos was in the top 5 hits.
Chasing Amy, directed by Kevin Smith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1997
while The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Brass Eye.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castlevania Legends or Chameleon Twist.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1997!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1997 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
Famous Birthdays:08 February
- Roy George Elroy Josephs: jazz dance teacher, dies at age 57.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1997 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Toni Braxton - Un-Break My Heart
- En Vogue - Don't Let Go (Love)
- R. Kelly - I Believe I Can Fly
- The Spice Girls - Wannabe
- Whitney Houston - I Believe In You And Me
- Keith Sweat - Nobody
- Puff Daddy - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
- Jewel - You Were Meant For Me
- BLACKstreet - No Diggity
- New Edition - I'm Still In Love With You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?