Monday 8 January 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan A and Serge Poliakoff.
Krybskytten, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while Coniston by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1906 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Jan A: H J S Bruins Slot Dutch founder illegal Trouw/Member of Parliament (ARP).
- Serge Poliakoff: Russian / French painter / guitarist.
- A landslide in Haverstraw, New York, caused by the excavation of clay along the Hudson River, kills 20 people.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1906
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- How'd You Like to Spoon with Me? - Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet
- Moonlight - Sousa's Band
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1906?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?