Sunday 8 January 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Butterfly McQueen [Thelma] and Andrej Ocenas.
Maria Bricca, directed by Edoardo Bencivenga, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1911 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Butterfly McQueen [Thelma]: Tampa, Florida -- Actress (Gone With the Wind).
- Andrej Ocenas: composer.
- Gypsy Rose Lee: American actress and entertainer (d. 1970).
- Robert Detroyat: France Military man.
- Tom Delaney: English race car driver and businessman (d. 2006).
- Gypsy Lee: American actress dancer and author (d. 1970)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1911
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- It's Always June When You're in Love - Reed Miller (as James Reed)
- Ciribiribin Waltz - Prince's Orchestra
- In the Gloaming - Heidelberg Quintet
- In the Gloaming - Will Oakland & American Quartet
- Blaze of Glory - New York Military Band
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?