Monday 8 January 1912
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Three Tales of Terror, directed by Jacob Fleck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1912.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1912 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Lawrence E Walsh: American jurist and 4th United States Deputy Attorney General.
- Jose Ferrer: PR actor / director (Cyrano de Bergerac), dies at 80.
- José Ferrer: Puerto Rican-American actor and director (d. 1992).
- Lawrence Walsh: Canadian-American lawyer judge and politician 4th United States Deputy Attorney General (d. 2014).
- Rudolf G: Escher Dutch composer (True Face of Peace).
- The African National Congress is founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- There's a Girl in Havana - Lyric Quartet
- Knock Wood - Sophie Tucker
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1912?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?