Monday 8 January 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1917 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Yves Brelivet: France Military man.
- Peter Taylor: American author playwright and academic (d. 1994).
- Stanley Prager New York City: New York, comedian (College Bowl).
- Austria-Hungarian troops conquer Forlani Italy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?