Monday 8 January 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Great Expectations, directed by Robert G. Vignola, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1917!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1917 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Yves Brelivet: France Military man.
- Peter Taylor: American author playwright and academic (d. 1994).
- Stanley Prager New York City: New York, comedian (College Bowl).
- Austria-Hungarian troops conquer Forlani Italy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Babes in the Wood - Harry Macdonough & Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- You Were Just Made to Order for Me - Marguerite Farrell & M.J. O'Connell
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 January 1917 and get them!