Monday 8 January 1923
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Lederstrumpf, directed by Arthur Wellin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while Black Oxen by Gertrude Atherton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1923!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1923 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Joseph Wiezenbaum: artificial intelligence pioneer.
- Larry Storch in New York City: New York, USA; comedian (F Troop, Larry Storch Show).
- Giorgio Tozzi: American singer who began a career as a biologist until detoured by army service.
- Larry Storch: American actor.
- Johnny Wardle: English cricketer (Born 1923).
- Joseph Weizenbaum: German-born American computer science professor (Born 1923)
- Iva Michiels [Rik Ceuppens]: Flemish writer (Ksiega Alfa)
- Typography strike in Amsterdam
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 January 1923 and get them!