Tuesday 8 January 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Antai Ribari and Benjamin Lees [Lysniansky].
Der Mann mit der eisernen Maske, directed by Max Glass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
On TV people were watching From Sparks: Flames (1924 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1924!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1924 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Antai Ribari: Composer.
- Benjamin Lees [Lysniansky]: Harbin, Manchuria -- Composer.
- Robert Starer: Vienna, Austria -- Composer.
- Julian Adem: Mexican civil engineer, mathematician, geophysicist, researcher and professor.
- André Figueras: French editor, writer and journalist, known for his pamphleteering activity, having joined the Resistance in 1940.
- Ron Moody: London, England -- Actor (12 Chairs, Wrong is Right)
- Benjamin Lees: Chinese-American soldier and composer (d. 2010)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Charleston - Arthur Gibbs & His Gang
- Love Sends a Little Gift of Roses - John McCormack
- In a Covered Wagon with You - Benson Orchestra of Chicago
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?