Friday 8 January 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1926 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Evelyn Lear [Shulman]: Brooklyn, New York -- Soprano.
- Jani Christou: Greek composer.
- Milton "Soupy Sales" Hines in North Carolina: USA; comedian (Soupy Sales Show).
- Evelyn Lear: American operatic soprano (d. 2012).
- Kelucharan Mohapatra: Indian dancer and choreographer (d. 2004).
- Hanae Mori: Japanese fashion designer
- Kerwin Matthews: American actor, the dashing hero of adventure pictures in the late '50s and early '60s, leaving his early career as a school teacher. His popularity was enhanced by special effects such as dueling a skeleton in "The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad," 1958 and similar artful stunts in other action sagas. Matthews' debut was in "Five Against the House," 1955 and his film work included "Nightmare in Blood," 1976.
- Soupy Sales: American comedian, clever and imaginative, a popular figure on early TV, raised pie-throwing to an art form, having supposedly tossed 19,000 of them during his show business career.
- Emile Paladilhe: Composer, dies at 81.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Wreck of the Shenandoah
- Freshie - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- The Convict and the Rose - Vernon Dalhart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?