Friday 8 January 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Evelyn Lear [Shulman] and Jani Christou.
The Sea Beast, directed by Millard Webb, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1926 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Evelyn Lear [Shulman]: Brooklyn, New York -- Soprano.
- Jani Christou: Greek composer.
- Milton "Soupy Sales" Hines in North Carolina: USA; comedian (Soupy Sales Show).
- Kerwin Matthews: American actor, the dashing hero of adventure pictures in the late '50s and early '60s, leaving his early career as a school teacher.
- Soupy Sales: American comedian, clever and imaginative, a popular figure on early TV, raised pie-throwing to an art form, having supposedly tossed 19,000 of them during his show business career.
- Evelyn Lear: American operatic soprano (d. 2012)
- Kelucharan Mohapatra: Indian dancer and choreographer (d. 2004)
- Hanae Mori: Japanese fashion designer
- Emile Paladilhe: Composer, dies at 81.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vernon Dalhart - The Wreck of the Shenandoah
- Freshie - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- The Convict and the Rose - Vernon Dalhart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?