Sunday 8 January 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sander Vanocur in Cleveland and Felice Andreasi.
The Divine Woman, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1928.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1928 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Sander Vanocur in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; news anchor (NBC Weekend News).
- Felice Andreasi: Italian film, television, and stage actor.
- Bab Christensen: Norwegian actress.
- Sander Vanocur: American broadcast journalist, NBC's White House correspondent during the Kennedy years.
- Slade Gorton: American colonel lawyer and politician 14th Attorney General of Washington.
- Gaston Miron: French-Canadian poet and editor (Born 1928)
- Dumitru Kiriac-Georgescu: Composer, dies at 61.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?