Sunday 8 January 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Divine Woman, directed by Victor Seastrom, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
while The Bridge of San Luis by Rey Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1928 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Bab Christensen: Norwegian actress.
- Sander Vanocur: American broadcast journalist, NBC's White House correspondent during the Kennedy years.
- Slade Gorton: American colonel lawyer and politician 14th Attorney General of Washington.
- Gaston Miron: French-Canadian poet and editor (Born 1928).
- Sander Vanocur in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; news anchor (NBC Weekend News).
- Felice Andreasi: Italian film, television, and stage actor. He appeared in over 50 films in Italy between 1972 and 2005. He was considered one of the leading stage actors in comic and satirical theatre in Milan.
- Dumitru Kiriac-Georgescu: Composer, dies at 61.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 January 1928 and get them!