Monday 8 January 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1934 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Jacques Anquetil: French cyclist, winner of the Tour de France in 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963 and 1964.
- Gene Freese: American baseball player and manager (d. 2013).
- Alexandra Ripley: American author (Born 1934).
- Michael Grierson Jarrett: Archaeologist.
- Piet Dankert: Dutch politician (PvdA).
- Roy Kinnear: Lancashire, England -- Actor (TW3, Help!, The 3 Musketeers)
- Jaap Speyers Bluejackets premieres in Amsterdam
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 January 1934 and get them!