Monday 8 January 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Grierson Jarrett and Piet Dankert.
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1934!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1934 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Michael Grierson Jarrett: Archaeologist.
- Piet Dankert: Dutch politician (PvdA).
- Roy Kinnear: Lancashire, England -- Actor (TW3, Help!, The 3 Musketeers).
- Jacques Anquetil: French cyclist, winner of the Tour de France in 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963 and 1964.
- Gene Freese: American baseball player and manager (d. 2013).
- Alexandra Ripley: American author (Born 1934)
- Jaap Speyers Bluejackets premieres in Amsterdam
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?