Tuesday 8 January 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nolan Miller in Burkburnett and Elvis Aaron Presley in Tupelo.
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1935 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Nolan Miller in Burkburnett: Texas, USA; fashion designer (Dynasty, The Love Boat).
- Elvis Aaron Presley in Tupelo: Mississippi, USA; musician/actor ("Blue Suede Shoes", "Hounddog").
- Jesse Garon Presley: stillborn twin brother of Elvis.
- Lewis H Lapham: American writer.
- Elvis Presley: American pop singer, one of the most famous entertainers in history whose notoriety became worldwide.
- Daniel Tribouillard: French fashion designer based in Paris, who is also Chief Executive Officer of the LEONARD fashion house.
- Lewis Lapham: American publisher founded Lapham's Quarterly
- Spectrophotometer patented, AC Hardy.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?