Tuesday 8 January 1935
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Lives of a Bengal Lancer, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1935!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1935 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Jesse Garon Presley: stillborn twin brother of Elvis.
- Elvis Presley: American pop singer, one of the most famous entertainers in history whose notoriety became worldwide.
- Lewis H Lapham: American writer.
- Nolan Miller in Burkburnett: Texas, USA; fashion designer (Dynasty, The Love Boat).
- Lewis Lapham: American publisher founded Lapham's Quarterly.
- Daniel Tribouillard: French fashion designer based in Paris, who is also Chief Executive Officer of the LEONARD fashion house.
- Elvis Aaron Presley in Tupelo: Mississippi, USA; musician/actor ("Blue Suede Shoes", "Hounddog").
- Spectrophotometer patented, AC Hardy.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?