Friday 8 January 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lee Jackson and Marcus Hutson.
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1943 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Lee Jackson: rocker (Nice).
- Marcus Hutson: rock vocalist (Whispers).
- Andrew Hunter: British politician and Member of Parliament, returned at the General Election of 11 June 1987.
- Jacques Huntzinger: French diplomat, who served as French ambassador to Israel, Estonia (1991-1994), and Macedonia (1996-1999), and who served as an ambassador at large for the Mediterranean Union and the Task Force for International Cooperation on Holocaust Education, Remembrance, and Research.
- Charles Murray: American political scientist and author.
- Richard Hillary: Australian Spitfire pilot and author (Born 1919).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?