Friday 8 January 1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Shadow of a Doubt, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1943 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Lee Jackson: rocker (Nice).
- Marcus Hutson: rock vocalist (Whispers).
- Jacques Huntzinger: French diplomat, who served as French ambassador to Israel, Estonia (1991-1994), and Macedonia (1996-1999), and who served as an ambassador at large for the Mediterranean Union and the Task Force for International Cooperation on Holocaust Education, Remembrance, and Research.
- Charles Murray: American political scientist and author.
- Andrew Hunter: British politician and Member of Parliament, returned at the General Election of 11 June 1987.
- Richard Hillary: Australian Spitfire pilot and author (Born 1919).
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?