Monday 8 January 1951
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John McTiernan in Albany and Paul Dresher.
Halls of Montezuma, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here to Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Ryder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1951!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1951 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- John McTiernan in Albany: New York, USA; actor (Predator, Die Hard, Medicine Man).
- Paul Dresher: Composer.
- Kenny Anthony: Saint Lucian politician 5th Prime Minister of Saint Lucia.
- John McTiernan: American director and producer.
- Franz Pachl: German chess player and composer.
- Karen Yamashita: American author and academic
- Thought extinct since 1615, a Cahow is rediscovered in Bermuda.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1951
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Frosty the Snowman - Nat King Cole Pete Rugolo & His Orchestra)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?