Tuesday 8 January 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
In UK Here In My Heart by Al Martino was in the top 5 hits.
Room for One More, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1952!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1952 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Lauri Walters: San Francisco, California -- Actress (8 is Enough, Harrad Experiment).
- Norm Jarvis in Prince Albert: Saskatchewan, Canada; golfer (1984 Chilliwack).
- Laurie Walters in San Francisco: California, USA; actress (Joannie - Eight is Enough).
- Vladimir Feltsman: Russian-American pianist and educator.
- Peter McCullagh: Irish mathematician and academic.
- Mel Reynolds: former Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives from Illinois and convicted sex offender
- Antonia Maury: discoverer (supergiant, giant and dwarf stars), dies.
- Jordan adopts constitution.
- West Germany has 8 million refugees inside its borders.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1952 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?