Wednesday 8 January 1958
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK It's Only Make Believe by Conway Twitty was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1958 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Paul Pilgrim: American athlete (Born 1883).
- Cuban revolutionary forces capture Havana.
- Armed Lumbee Indians confront a handful of Klansmen in Maxton, North Carolina.
- The first of Leonard Bernstein's ''Young People's Concerts'' with the New York Philharmonic is telecast by CBS. The Emmy-winning series (one concert approximately every three months except for the summer) will run for more than fourteen years. It will make Bernstein's name a household word, and the most famous conductor in the U.S.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Conway Twitty - It's Only Make Believe
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Great Balls Of Fire
- Lord Rockingham's XI - Hoots Mon
- Ma He's Making Eyes At Me - Johnny Otis & His Orchestra With Marie Adams
- Lonnie Donegan - Tom Dooley
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- Tommy Dorsey Orchestra Starring Warren Covington - Tea For Two Cha Cha
- My Special Angel - Malcolm Vaughan
- Tommy Edwards - It's All In The Game
- Frank Sinatra - All The Way / Chicago
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?