Friday 8 January 1971
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brook Mahealani Lee and Darren Langdon in Deer Lake.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to My Sweet Lord by George Harrison.
In UK I Hear You Knocking by Dave Edmunds was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching All in the Family.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1971 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Brook Mahealani Lee: Miss Universe / Miss USA (1997-Hawaii).
- Darren Langdon in Deer Lake: Newfoundland, Canada; NHL left wing (New York Rangers).
- Branislav Janos: hockey forward (Team Slovakia 1998).
- Brenda Lee Armstrong in Albert Lea: Minnesota, USA; Miss Minnesota-America (1990).
- Stephane Barin: hockey forward (Team France 1998).
- Roosevelt Potts: NFL running back (Indianapolis Colts).
- Billy Joe: Hobert; NFL quarterback (Oakland Raiders).
- Jason Giambi in West Covina: California, USA; infielder (Oakland Athletics).
- Mike Susser: German chef
- Géraldine Pailhas: French actress, starred with Johnny Depp and Marlon Brando in "Don Juan Demarco."
- Brook Lee: Model
- Jesper Jansson: Swedish footballer
- Mike Süsser: German chef and author
- Pascal Zuberbühler: Swiss footballer and coach
- Adriano Lualdi: Composer, dies at 85.
- Voyageurs National Park, Minnesota established.
- 29 pilot whales beach themselves and die at San Clemente Island, California.
- Tupamaros kidnap Geoffrey Jackson, British ambassador to Uruguay, in Montevideo, keeping him captive until September.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 January 1971
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Harrison - My Sweet Lord
- Dawn - Knock Three Times
- The 5th Dimension - One Less Bell To Answer
- Santana - Black Magic Woman
- The Partridge Family - I Think I Love You
- Smokey Robinson - The Tears Of A Clown
- Chicago - Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
- The Supremes - Stoned Love
- Bee Gees - Lonely Days
- Barbra Streisand - Stoney End
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?