Tuesday 8 January 1974
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian Roberson and Arjan Blaauw.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Joker by Steve Miller Band.
In UK Lonely This Christmas by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Don't Look Now, directed by Nicolas Roeg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while The Honorary Consul by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching How to Survive a Marriage.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1974!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1974 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Brian Roberson: wide receiver (New York Giants).
- Arjan Blaauw: Dutch soccer player (FC Groningen).
- Maria Matsouka: Greek politician.
- Loch Ness Monster photographed
- Silver hits record US$3.40 an ounce in New York.
- Gold hits record US$126.50 an ounce in London, England.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Jim Croce - Time In A Bottle
- Al Wilson - Show And Tell
- Brownsville Station - Smokin' In The Boy's Room
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - I've Got To Use My Imagination
- Ringo Starr - You're Sixteen
- Barry White - Never, Never Gonna Give Ya Up
- Stevie Wonder - Living For The City
- Olivia Newton-John - Let Me Be There
- Paul McCartney - Helen Wheels
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Mud - Lonely This Christmas
- Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
- Barry White - You're The First, The Last, My Everything
- The New Seekers - You Won't Find Another Fool Like Me
- Bachman-Turner Overdrive - You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet
- Leo Sayer - The Show Must Go On
- The Rubettes - Juke Box Jive
- Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
- Gary Glitter - Oh Yes You're Beautiful
- Alvin Stardust - My Coo-Ca-Choo
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?