Thursday 8 January 1976
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brad Snyder in Ontario and Jenny Lewis in Las Vegas.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Convoy by C. W. McCall.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching When the Boat Comes In.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Amazing Maze Game or Death Race.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1976 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Brad Snyder in Ontario: Canada; shot putter (Olympics-1996).
- Jenny Lewis in Las Vegas: Nevada; actress (Becky - Life With Lucy).
- Josh Meyers: American actor.
- Jenny Lewis: Rock Singer.
- Kenneth Andam: Ghanaian sprinter and businessman.
- Carl Pavano: American baseball player
- Franklin Mint strikes first gold coins for Netherlands Antilles.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?