Tuesday 8 January 1980
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rachel Nichols and Adam Goodes.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes.
In UK Another Brick In The Wall by Pink Floyd was in the top 5 hits.
Scavenger Hunt, directed by Michael Schultz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Jailbird by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Chespirito.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Golf or Kaitei Takara Sagashi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1980.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1980!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1980 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Stevie Wonder - Send One Your Love
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - Please Don't Go
- Commodores - Still
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Kool & The Gang - Ladies Night
- Cliff Richard - We Don't Talk Anymore
- Styx - Babe
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
- St Winifred's School Choir - There's No One Quite Like Grandma
- Abba - I Have A Dream
- Abba - Super Trouper
- The Pretenders - Brass In Pocket
- Fiddler's Dram - Day Trip To Bangor
- Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry
- The Tourists - I Only Want To Be With You
- Madness - Embarrassment
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?