Tuesday 8 January 2002
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to How You Remind Me by Nickelback.
In UK Gotta Get Thru This by Daniel Bedingfield was in the top 5 hits.
Secretary, directed by Steven Shainberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2002
while Skipping Christmas by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2002.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 2002!
Which were the important events of 8 January 2002 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 January
- IBM announces it will no longer manufacture desktop personal computers in most of the world. It will sell its desktop facilities in US and Europe to Sanmina-SCI.
- President George W. Bush signs into law the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Fast-food restaurant chain Wendy's founder Dave Thomas dies at 69.
- Ozzie Smith is elected to the Baseball Hall of Fame
- Michael Jordan's wife files for divorce.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2002 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #9 songs in the UK
- Daniel Bedingfield - Gotta Get Thru This
- Cheeky Girls - Cheeky Song (Touch My Bum)
- Sophie Ellis Bextor - Murder On The Dancefloor
- Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not The One
- Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman - Somethin' Stupid
- Backstreet Boys - Drowning
- Blue featuring Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Stereophonics - Handbags And Gladrags
- Girls Aloud - Sound Of The Underground
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?