Monday 8 January 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Children of Men, directed by Alfonso Cuarn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while You: On a Diet by Michael F. Roizen, Mehmet C. Oz was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 8 January 2007 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Heaven Charvet: American noted family, the first child of Brooke Burke, 35, model and her fiancé David Charvet, 34, actor.
- Francis Cockfield: British politician (Born 1916).
- David Ervine: Northern Irish politician (Born 1953).
- Yvonne De Carlo: Canadian-American actress, singer, and dancer whose career in film, television, and musical theatre spanned six decades.
- Jane Bolin: first African American female judge (Born 1908).
- The United States Supreme Court declines to hear an appeal of ''Gilmore v. Gonzales'', which was a challenge to travel papers and secret laws. (PapersPlease)
- An unknown odor persists in Manhattan, New York and Jersey City, New Jersey throughout much of the day, resulting in the evacuation of several high-rise buildings and the temporary shutdown of PATH train service under the Hudson River. (CNN)
- It is reported that Chinese police killed 18 members of the East Turkestan Islamic Movement organization and arrested 17 others in a raid in the Pamir Plateau on 5 January. ETIM members shot and killed one officer and wounded another. Police found 22 grenades and enough explosive material to make 1,500 more. (BBC)
- War in Somalia:
- A U.S. AC-130 gunship attacks Al Qaeda operatives during the ongoing fighting in the Battle of Ras Kamboni (CNN)
- Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, Somalia's interim President, arrives in the capital, Mogadishu, his first visit since Mujahideen forces of the Islamic Courts Union fled advancing Ethiopian troops and interim government soldiers. (BBC)
- Kazakh Prime Minister Daniyal Akhmetov unexpectedly resigns without explanation. Deputy Prime Minister Karim Masimov, Akhmetov's longtime rival, is expected to replace him. (BBC)
- Indonesian naval ships discover large metal objects off the west coast of Sulawesi that could possibly be the wreckage of Adam Air Flight 574 missing a week ago. (CNN)
- Mounir El Motassadeq is sentenced by a court in Hamburg, Germany to 15 years in jail for his role in the planning of the September 11, 2001 attacks. (BBC)
- The discovery of the first example of a ampquottriple quasarampquot is announced at the American Astronomical Society meeting in Seattle. (BBC)
- Chicago Alderman Arenda Troutman is arrested by the FBI and charged with accepting a bribe from a federal informant as part of an undercover investigation. (Chicago Sun Times)
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame chooses Patti Smith, R.E.M., Grandmaster Flash The Furious Five, the Ronettes, and Van Halen as 2007 inductees. (CBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
- Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This
- T2 featuring Jodie Aysha - Heartbroken
- Eric Prydz vs Floyd - Proper Education
- Mika - Grace Kelly
- Take That - Rule The World
- Take That - Patience
- Timbaland featuring One Republic - Apologize
- U2 - Window In The Skies
- Girls Aloud - Call The Shots
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?