Thursday 8 January 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) by Beyonce.
Mary and Max, directed by Adam Elliot, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching There Will Be Brawl.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angry Birds or CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 2009!
Which were the important events of 8 January 2009 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 08 January
- Richard John Neuhaus: Canadian-American Christian writer and editor (Born 1936).
- In Los Angeles, California, the Critics' Choice Awards are announced. Best picture: Slumdog Millionaire
- The United States Congress certifies the results of the 2008 presidential election, confirming Barack Obama as President-elect. (Fox News)
- Pakistan confirms that Ajmal Amir, the last surviving participant in the 2008 terrorist attacks on Mumbai, India, is a Pakistani citizen, but dismisses National Security Advisor Mahmud Ali Durrani for making the admission. (CNN-IBN)
- 2008–2009 Israel–Gaza conflict:
- Several rockets fired from Lebanon strike the Israeli city of Nahariya. Hezbollah denies responsibility for the attack. (Sky News)
- The United Nations suspends humanitarian aid operations in Gaza after receiving fire from the Israel Defense Forces. (BBC)
- The UN Security Council votes, with the United States abstaining, to adopt Resolution 1860, which calls for a ceasefire in the conflict. However, Israel and Hamas continue their actions. (Sky News)
- Russia and Ukraine agree to resend natural gas through pipelines to Europe. (AP)
- The Sri Lankan Army recaptures the village of Pallai from the Tamil Tigers in an effort to reach the Jaffna Peninsula. (CNN)
- North Korea announces it will hold its delayed parliamentary election on March 8. (CNN)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2009 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?