Thursday 8 July 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Petar Segedin and Guy Tellenne.
Salome Mad, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1909!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1909 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Petar Segedin: Croatian Novelist (Holy Devil).
- Guy Tellenne: French poet and teacher who had passed aggregation, and high-ranking civil servant.
- Louis Finot: France sport Champion.
- Alan Brown: English soldier (d. 1971).
- Gaston AA Marquis de Gallifet: French Minister of War (1899-1900), dies at 79.
- 1st pro baseball game (minor league) played under lights
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1909
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?