Saturday 8 July 1911
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Dante's Inferno, directed by Francesco Bertolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1911.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1911 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Ken Farnes: English cricketer (d. 1941).
- Gertrude Niesen: New York, United States -- Actress (Start Cheering).
- Nan Aspinwall is 1st woman to make solo transcont trip by horse
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1911 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sophie Tucker - Some of These Days
- My Beautiful Lady - Lucy Isabelle Marsh
- Two Little Love Bees - Reinald Werrenrath & Elizabeth Wheeler
- The Smiler - Vess Ossman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1911?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?