Monday 8 July 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1918.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1918 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Paul Fay: American businessman soldier and diplomat 12th United States Secretary of the Navy (d. 2009).
- Irwin Hasen: American illustrator (d. 2015).
- Craig Stevens: Liberty, Missouri -- Actor (Craig-Dallas, Peter Gunn).
- Knocky Parker: American jazz pianist.
- Paul B Fay: American businessman and cabinet member in the Kennedy administration (d. 2009).
- Oluf Reed-Olsen: Norwegian resistance member and pilot during World War II. As a resistance member he is best known for the Lysaker Bridge sabotage as well as operating illegal radio transmitters. After the war he was a businessman and Scouting leader. He wrote books and contributed to a film based on his war experiences. In 1944 he was awarded the War Cross with Sword, the highest ranking Norwegian gallantry decoration.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Liberty Forever! - Victor Military Band
- Three Wonderful Letters from Home - Henry Burr
- Lafayette (We Hear You Calling) - Reinald Werrenrath
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?