Monday 8 July 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul B Fay and Knocky Parker.
Uncle Tom's Cabin, directed by J. Searle Dawley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1918 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Paul B Fay: American businessman and cabinet member in the Kennedy administration (d. 2009).
- Knocky Parker: American jazz pianist.
- Oluf Reed-Olsen: Norwegian resistance member and pilot during World War II.
- Paul Fay: American businessman soldier and diplomat 12th United States Secretary of the Navy (d. 2009).
- Irwin Hasen: American illustrator (d. 2015).
- Craig Stevens: Liberty, Missouri -- Actor (Craig-Dallas, Peter Gunn)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Liberty Forever! - Victor Military Band
- Three Wonderful Letters from Home - Henry Burr
- Lafayette (We Hear You Calling) - Reinald Werrenrath
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?