Sunday 8 July 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1923.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1923 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Andre Hatchondo: France sport Champion.
- Harrison Dillard: American track and field athlete, the only male so far to win Olympic titles in both sprinting and hurdling events.
- Didier Anzieu: French psychoanalyst.
- Maurice Horgues: French singer, songwriter, comedy writer and playwright.
- Harding becomes 1st sitting President to visit Alaska (Metlakahtla)
- Walter Mittelholzer flies Junkers F-13 to Spitsbergen / Oostland
- US President Warren Harding becomes first sitting president to visit Alaska (Metlakahtla).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gulf Coast Blues - Bessie Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?