Sunday 8 July 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Didier Anzieu and Harrison Dillard.
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1923 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Didier Anzieu: French psychoanalyst.
- Harrison Dillard: American track and field athlete, the only male so far to win Olympic titles in both sprinting and hurdling events.
- Maurice Horgues: French singer, songwriter, comedy writer and playwright.
- Andre Hatchondo: France sport Champion.
- Harding becomes 1st sitting President to visit Alaska (Metlakahtla)
- Walter Mittelholzer flies Junkers F-13 to Spitsbergen / Oostland
- US President Warren Harding becomes first sitting president to visit Alaska (Metlakahtla).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1923
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gulf Coast Blues - Bessie Smith
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?