Sunday 8 July 1923
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Merry-Go-Round, directed by Rupert Julian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1923!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1923 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Andre Hatchondo: France sport Champion.
- Harrison Dillard: American track and field athlete, the only male so far to win Olympic titles in both sprinting and hurdling events.
- Didier Anzieu: French psychoanalyst.
- Maurice Horgues: French singer, songwriter, comedy writer and playwright.
- Harding becomes 1st sitting President to visit Alaska (Metlakahtla)
- Walter Mittelholzer flies Junkers F-13 to Spitsbergen / Oostland
- US President Warren Harding becomes first sitting president to visit Alaska (Metlakahtla).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1923 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gulf Coast Blues - Bessie Smith
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1923?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?