Thursday 8 July 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Elizabeth Kubler-Ross and John D Dingell.
The Son of the Sheik, directed by Geo. Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1926 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Elizabeth Kubler-Ross: Author / Physician / educator.
- John D Dingell: (Rep-D-Michigan, 1955- ).
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross: Swiss-born psychiatrist (d. 2004).
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross: Swiss psychiatrist and author who is noted for her work with death and the dying.
- George Weyerhaeuser: American timber executive, corporate executive, involved with standard oil, real estate, wood products & other corporations, married once, 6 children.
- David Armstrong: Australian philosopher and author (d. 2014)
- John Dingell: American lieutenant and politician
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I've Found a New Baby - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Jean Goldkette & His Orchestra - Sorry and Blue
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?