Friday 8 July 1932
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Million Dollar Legs, directed by Edward Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1932
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1932.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1932!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1932 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Roy Brown: American television personality, puppeteer, clown and artist best known for playing "Cooky the Cook" (also Cooky the Clown) from 1968 to 1994 on Chicago's long running "Bozo's Circus" TV show.
- Jerry Vale: American singer.
- Franca Raimondi: Italian singer (d. 1988).
- Florenz Ziegfeld: Jr.
- Depression low point of Dow Jones Industrial Average, 41.22
- Herbert Sutcliffe scores his 100th 100, Yorkshire vs. Gloucs
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average reaches its lowest level of the Great Depression, bottoming out at 41.22.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?