Thursday 8 July 1943
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
For Whom the Bell Tolls, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1943.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1943 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Faye Wattleton: St. Louis, Missouri -- Sociologist / President (Planned Parenthood).
- 4th day of battle at Kursk: General Model uses last tank reserve
- British air raid sinks U-232
- NSB-leader A Mussert meets with Heinrich Himmler
- US invasion fleet passes Bizerta Tunisia
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?