Thursday 8 July 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1954 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- José Gonzalez: French astrologer and occultist, author of the book "Logistel loisirs - Astrologie, tarots, numérologie, et biorythmes" (1999).
- KMOX (now KMOV) TV channel 4 in Saint Louis, MO (CBS) 1st broadcast
- Military junta selects Colonel Armas President of Guatemala
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?