Tuesday 8 July 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Purple People Eater by Sheb Wooley.
In UK Who's Sorry Now by Connie Francis was in the top 5 hits.
King Creole, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1958 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Fred Young: Glasgow, Kentucky -- Singer (Kentucky Headhunters-Davy Crockett).
- Tzipi Livni: Israeli politician.
- Andreas Carlgren: Swedish educator and politician 8th Swedish Minister for the Environment.
- Neetu Singh: Indian actress and costume designer.
- Kevin Bacon: Movie Actor.
- Kevin Bacon in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; actor (Diner, Footloose, She's Having a Baby).
- 25th All Star Baseball Game: AL wins 4-3 at Memorial Stadium, Baltimore
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Dean Martin - Return To Me
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?