Sunday 8 July 1962
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Pavlu and Rob Burnett.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Stripper by David Rose and His Orchestra.
In UK I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles was in the top 5 hits.
Tales of Terror, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1962!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1962 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Martin Pavlu: Hockey forward (Team Italy 1998).
- Rob Burnett: North Caldwell, New Jersey -- Head writer (David Letterman).
- Carmen Nicole: Moelders American atmospheric scientist.
- Joan Osborne: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Dead and Trigger Hippy).
- Georges Bataille: French writer, essayist, philosopher, socialist and mystic, he was interested in sex, death, and power as topics of his reflection and writings.
- Kathy Whitworth wins LPGA Kelly Girls Golf Open
- Ne Win besieges and dynamites the Rangoon University Student Union building to crash the Student Movement.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Bobby Vinton - Roses Are Red (My Love)
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Emilio Pericoli - Al Di La'
- Claude King - Wolverton Mountain
- Joe Henderson - Snap Your Fingers
- Joanie Sommers - Johnny Get Angry
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?