Monday 8 July 1963
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Ctvrtlik and Mike Ridley.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Easier Said Than Done by The Essex.
In UK I Like It by Gerry & The Pacemakers was in the top 5 hits.
The Leopard, directed by Luchino Visconti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
while Grandmother And The Priests by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1963!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1963 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Bob Ctvrtlik: Long Beach, California -- Volleyball outsider (Olympics Gold 1988 / Bronze 1992, 96).
- Mike Ridley: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- NHL center (Vancouver Canucks).
- Pablo Magallon: Jockey.
- Max Cavallari: Italian actor and comedian, who formed a successful cabaret double-act with Bruno Arena called 'Fichi d'India' (Prickly Pears).
- Ulrike Grote: German actress and producer.
- Rocky Carroll: TV Actor
- Mark Christopher: American director and screenwriter
- Whilce Portacio: Filipino-American author and illustrator
- US bans all monetary transactions with Cuba
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?