Friday 8 July 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Paperback Writer by The Beatles.
In UK Sunny Afternoon by The Kinks was in the top 5 hits.
Torn Curtain, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1966!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1966 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Ralf Altmeyer: German-Chinese virologist and academic.
- Shadlog Bernicke: Nauruan politician.
- Suzanne Krull: American actress (d. 2013).
- Mike Nawrocki: American voice actor animator producer and screenwriter co-founded Big Idea Entertainment.
- US airline strike (until August 19th)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- The Rolling Stones - Paint It, Black
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- The Beatles - Paperback Writer
- Frank Sinatra - Strangers In The Night
- The Cyrkle - Red Rubber Ball
- Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have To Say You Love Me
- The Capitols - Cool Jerk
- The Association - Along Comes Mary
- Syndicate Of Sound - Little Girl
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?