Saturday 8 July 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Lean On Me by Bill Withers.
In UK Puppy Love by Donny Osmond was in the top 5 hits.
Joe Kidd, directed by John Sturges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1972!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1972 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Brandon Rock: Las Vegas, Nevada -- 800m runner.
- Jay Bellamy: NFL safety (Seattle Seahawks).
- Tom Hutton: NFL punter / kicker (Philadelphia Eagles).
- Sourav Ganguly: Indian cricketer.
- Karl Dykhuis: Sept-iles, Quebec -- NHL defenseman (Philadelphia Flyers).
- English Prince Richard marries Birgitte of Deurs (Henriksen)
- US sells grain to USSR for $750 million
- The U.S. sells grain to the Soviet Union for $750 million.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bill Withers - Lean On Me
- Billy Preston - Outa-Space
- Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue
- Cornelius Brothers and Sister Rose - Too Late To Turn Back Now
- Sammy Davis Jr. - The Candy Man
- Jimmy Castor - Troglodyte (Cave Man)
- Elton John - Rocket Man
- Wayne Newton - Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast
- America - I Need You
- Luther Ingram - (If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?