Sunday 8 July 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Step By Step by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Sacrifice / Healing Hands by Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Ghost, directed by Jerry Zucker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Burden Of Proof by Scott Turow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1990!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1990 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Howard Duff: American actor, onscreen from 1947, working steadily for 50 years but never quite breaking through to stardom.
- 12:34:56 on 7 / 8 / 90 (1234567890)
- Brewers beat Angels 20-7, including 13 in 5th inning
- Greg Lemond wins his 3rd Tour de France (90:43:20 average 23.3 mph)
- Tina Purtzer wins LPGA Jamie Farr Toledo Golf Classic
- Trailing 7-0, Milwaukee Brewers tie California Angels and then score 13 in 5th to win 20-7.
- July 9–11 ndash The 16th G7 summit is held in Houston.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- New Kids On The Block - Step By Step
- Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
- Glenn Medeiros - She Ain't Worth It
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Poison
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Phil Collins - Do You Remember?
- Taylor Dayne - I'll Be Your Shelter
- Billy Idol - Cradle Of Love
- Wilson Phillips - Hold On
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?