Monday 8 July 1996
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to How Do U Want It by 2 Pac.
In UK Killing Me Softly by Fugees was in the top 5 hits.
Criss Cross, directed by Robert Siodmak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1996
while The Runaway Jury by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1996!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1996 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
Famous Birthdays:08 July
- A schizophrenic man armed with a machete wounds three children and four adults at a primary school in Wolverhampton, England. Teacher Lisa Potts received the George Medal for protecting her pupils, despite being severely injured.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1996 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Los Del Rio - Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Tha Crossroads
- Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
- Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby
- 2 Pac - How Do U Want It
- Toni Braxton - You're Makin' Me High
- Keith Sweat - Twisted
- Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
- Quad City DJ's - C'Mon N' Ride It (The Train)
- Monica - Why I Love You So Much
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?